Please Click the Image Below to Review Our Offerings of Profitable Businesses Available for Acquisition.
Subscribe below to the blog of William Bruce.
Google Reviews of William Bruce
Contact William Bruce
(251) 990-5934 Fairhope, AL office / (225) 465-5799 Baton Rouge, LA office / Email Will@WilliamBruce.org
A complimentary booklet for readers of this discussion. Contact William Bruce for your digital copy.
Top posts & pages rated by number of visits.
- Here's How to Value a Restaurant or Bar Business
- Here's How to Value a Retail Business
- Using Convenient Rules-of-Thumb to Quickly Estimate Business Value
- Here's How to Value an HVAC Business
- Profitable Businesses for Sale by William Bruce
- What Are a the Discretionary Earnings of a Business?
- Considering Buying a Business? Here's How to Analyze It.
- Best and Worst Franchises Listed by SBA Loan Defaults
- What Do Business Brokers Do?
- The 3 Most Critical Issues in Buying or Selling a Business
Category Archives: Franchises
Information on the best and worst franchise investments by William Bruce, president of the American Business Brokers Association.
This is an article by William Bruce containing a list of the best and worst franchises as ranked by SBA loan default rates. Continue reading →
Certain situations require a formal, fully documented business appraisal. However, what we’re talking about here is not a formal appraisal but rather the informal methods of quickly approximating the value of the restaurant or bar. All of the guidelines we’ll quote are averages derived from hundreds of completed transactions reported to regional and national databases. There are two methods of quickly approximating the value of a business …
Continue reading →
The following information and list of franchises that are are ineligible for SBA financing are taken directly from the Small Business Administration website. Note that franchise transfer issues are the most commonly cited problem in disqualifying franchises for SBA financing. Continue reading →
What are franchised businesses really worth? This listing gives quick valuation estimates for over a hundred franchises. Continue reading →
Sometimes called regional franchises, a master franchise is a special type of franchise agreement that gives an entrepreneur the exclusive rights to sell or open a given number of franchises in a large geographical area. Stated another way, it is the owning of the rights to develop a franchise system within a territory. The territory can be a metropolitan area, an entire state, several states or a whole country. Continue reading →
A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 47 percent of American adults say they are going out to eat less often than they were six months ago. While that finding shows little change from January, it’s down 10 points from November 2008. Continue reading →