To review businesses for sale by William Bruce, please click below:
A Complimentary Booklet for Readers of This Discussion
Contact William Bruce(251) 990-5934 or Will@WilliamBruce.org
Top Posts & Pages
- What is a Restaurant or Bar Worth? How to Estimate Value.
- Using Rule-of-Thumb Guidelines to Estimate Business Value
- Best and Worst Franchises Listed by SBA Loan Defaults
- What Is a Retail Business Worth? How to Estimate Value.
- How to Analyze a Business You’re Considering Buying
- What is a Franchise REALLY Worth? How to Value any Franchise.
- How to Write an Offer to Buy a Business
- Small Business Earnings and Confidence Are Setting Records. How Long Can It Last?
- What are Business Brokers and What Do They Do?
- What is a Business Owner's Discretionery Cash Flow or Seller's Discretionary Earnings?
(C) Copyright William Bruce 2018.
All rights reserved.
Category Archives: Buying or Selling a Business
A discussion of the issues involved in buying or selling a business by William Bruce, president of the American Business Brokers Association.
Earnings and confidence levels in the small business economy are in record territory. How long can it last? Continue reading →
The term amortization has two distinctly different meanings. It’s confusing to have such distinctly different meanings attributed to the same word, with both being used in the financial world. We hope this article helps a bit to clear up the misunderstanding we frequently encounter. Continue reading →
A record number of small businesses changed hands in 2017. Continue reading →
Intellectual property is something originally created in the mind. Among other things, it can be an invention, a written manuscript or a company logo including words, phrases and images used in business. How do you place a value on intellectual property? Continue reading →
The most surprising result of the survey is that among family-owned businesses contemplating a transfer of ownership within the next five years, only about half of the owners plan to pass the business on to the next generation of the family. This is down from 74 percent two years ago and is the lowest percentage in 17 years. Continue reading →
Previous articles have discussed the importance of having a good reason for selling your business, getting the business ready for sale, setting the right asking price, taking your business to market and buyer acquisition financing. In this article, we will share some advice on how to successfully hold the first face-to-face meeting with a prospective buyer of the business. Continue reading →
The Business Buyer-Seller Confidence Index indicates a strong and active market for small to medium size companies. Continue reading →